The new Defender is a modern version of the iconic Land Rover Defender, a popular SUV that was first introduced in the 1980s. The new Defender was introduced in 2019 and is available in both two-door and four-door versions.
Some features of the new Defender include:
- Design: The new Defender retains the boxy shape of the original, but with a modern twist. It features a high beltline, short overhangs, and a sloping roofline.
- Off-road capabilities: The new Defender is designed to handle rough terrain with ease. It features permanent all-wheel drive, a two-speed transfer case, and electronic air suspension. It also has a wading depth of up to 35.4 inches.
- Engine options: The new Defender is available with two engine options. The standard engine is a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-four that produces 296 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque. The optional engine is a 3.0-liter turbocharged inline-six that produces 395 horsepower and 406 lb-ft of torque.
- Technology: The new Defender comes with a range of advanced technology features, including a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, and a 360-degree camera system.
- Safety features: The new Defender comes with a range of advanced safety features, including lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control, and emergency braking.
Overall, the new Defender is a modern take on a classic SUV that is designed to handle rough terrain with ease while offering advanced technology and safety features.